Southgate Hockey Centre Arrangements
We had a meeting with Southgate Hockey Centre on Thursday to agree arrangements for our ongoing use of the Hockey Centre as our base. This included our financial settlement for the rest of this membership year up to 31st March 2021. The amount we pay the Hockey Centre constitutes a significant element of our membership fee. It was agreed that we pay a fixed sum for £500 per month for August and September and then £42.50 per member for the 6 months October to March. There will be lower amounts per member for the other membership types. We also agreed a number of other items about our use of the facilities as follows:
- We can use any of the car parks and are not expected to use the overflow car park on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- The Hockey Centre will be open and we can use the toilets near the entrance pre and post-session but please wear a mask on entering the Clubhouse.
- If you are using the Clubhouse for refreshments please follow the strict COVID compliant guidelines including checking in (via the app or by providing your details over the bar).
- If you are going for a run do not meet or congregate close to the club. We will arrange for groups further down the car park. The same applies after the session.
- The changing and showering facilities are not open and are unlikely to be before the virus has been beaten. The changes to make them COVID compliant are just too expensive.
- The Hockey Centre membership cards are now mandatory and may be used to limit numbers if they are too busy. We are checking the GDPR issues around giving the Hockey Centre our members details.
- We can still use the playing field next to the hockey pitches particularly for carefully managed Junior sessions.
Please accept the above restrictions and hopefully at some stage we will be able to get back to our traditional way of operating.