Almost all of us have put our XC spikes away for the season and now attentions turn to the Midweek League. As part of our commitment to the league we will be hosting a race in Trent Park in the evening of the 8th June. Planning is underway and as a first-time Race Director I’m keen to get the core volunteer team together. In particular the roles we are looking to fill are:
- Course manager – overseas on the day course set up and closure
- Lead Marshall – overseas on course marshalling
- Lead Car Parker – overseas car parking volunteers
- Drink Stations Manager – set up and coordination of water station
- Lead Scorer – talk to league scorers to see what is needed on the day
- Finish Manager – coordinates finish funnel and tokens.
Please do get in touch at [email protected] if you’re interested in any of these roles and don’t worry if it’s something you’ve not done before. We’ve some real experts at the club who I’m sure would love to hand on their experience – I am currently seeing this first hand!